If something appears broken, slow, or just plain weird, we want to hear about it! Reporting issues allows us to identify necessary improvements and work toward building a more positive Terra experience. We want your important work to proceed with as few snags and hiccups as possible.
Reporting options There are a few different ways to report a problem you're having on Terra. The list below starts with the most recommended option.
Option 1. Post to general discussion in the Community Forum
In most cases, we recommend reporting your issue to our General Discussion board so other users with a similar issue can learn from the resolution. Posting on this board allows other users to help with your issue. That can decrease the amount of wait time from report to resolution.
Option 2. Use the Contact Us form in Terra
If you feel uncomfortable sharing your issue with others, you can contact us directly in Terra by clicking the main navigation menu at the top left, clicking Support to expand, and then selecting Contact Us (screenshot below left).
A Contact Us window will pop up where you can let us know what's going on (screenshot below right).
Contact Us in the main menu
The Contact Us form
Option 3. Email support directly
You can email us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for reporting an issue
1. Check to see if someone already reported this issue
You can look in our General Discussion board, or see if it has been posted to our Known Issues board. If the issue has been reported, adding your case to the existing thread lets us focus on the solution instead of on communicating with everyone individually.
2. Share the workspace where you're seeing this issue
In most cases, it's helpful for us to have access to the workspace where the issue is occurring.
2.1. Click the three vertical dots action icon at the top left of the workspace dashboard and select Share from the menu.
2.2. In the form, toggle the Share with support option on.
3. If what you are doing worked before, and is now not working, please let us know when you last saw this working and when you noticed it stopped working.
4. If you get an error message, please provide the steps you took to receive the error and a screenshot of the error.
5. If you need help with a workflow issue, please provide the relevant submission and workflow IDs.
6. If you need help with a Cloud Environment issue, please provide the following details in your report:
- Terra account email address
- Workspace Google Project ID (found on the dashboard)
- Cluster ID (found under Details at https://app.terra.bio/#clusters)
- Screenshot of cloud environment configuration
- Link to workspace
We ask for your patience when waiting for a response. We help everyone as quickly as possible.
Be polite! Don't use sarcasm, be rude to other users or staff, and don't use strong language. See the Terra Community Guidelines for more guidelines.
Please sign in to leave a comment.