We are having a lot of trouble accessing and using TCGA data stored in Terra.
1) Even though I have my permissions all set up, when I click on specific files in TCGA, I am told I can't access it.
2) Maybe related to the above, but when we run on samples in a TCGA project we've cloned, these jobs are failed. Do we need to add the proxy group to the TCGA bucket?
Any help here would be great!
1. Are you experiencing the cannot access error with just very specific single files or across the board?
2. You mentioned that your permissions are set up - can you confirm what steps you have already taken so we can help troubleshoot any missing pieces? For example, can you see "TCGA-dbGaP-Authorized" as a listed Group from your Profile > Groups list? (You may not be able to click into it but does it show on the list).
3. Before you clone the TCGA project, can you click on a file and access it but is the issue after you clone that you can no longer maintain access?
What genome version are you trying to access? Might be related to this Service Incident https://support.terra.bio/hc/en-us/articles/360033213412-Service-Incident-September-9-2019-TCGA-datasets-hg19-version-unavailable
1) Across the board. Checked numerous files, all failed.
2) This is what I see when I look where you pointed: 3) The error persists if I check files in the original project (https://app.terra.bio/#workspaces/broad-firecloud-wuclonal/TCGA_Polysolver_Typing_v1/data) or in our clone of it.
Beri - yes, we are using hg19. Have you confirmed this is related?
If your trying to access TCGA data files like bam or fastq then its most likely due to the Service Incident, it's in the process of being resolved. As a workaround you could download the TCGA files directly from the GenomicDataCommons DataPortal into a workspace using the files UUID. There is a featured workspace called Introduction-to-Target-Dataset that walks you through the process of downloading files from Data Portal using Target dataset.
Hi, I believe I am having the same issue, in Jan 2021 for hg38. I have access to the datasets but the associated Google Buckets are empty. Not sure what to do? Thanks!
Please sign in to leave a comment.