The following release notes correspond to March 29, 2022 - April 5, 2022. This release also includes back-end updates to workflows, user interface, and Google integrations to improve upcoming features.
- Upgraded to Spring 2.5.12 to mitigate RCE exploit.
- Long array values in tables are now truncated, with the option to view all values hiding the rest of the array contents.
- Users will now know when they are accessing a page that does not exist in TDR.
- The ASM985889v3 SARS-CoV-2 reference genome is now available in the embedded IGV application within the Data tab of a workspace.
- Improved embedded IGV by allowing scrolling down for multiple genomes and fixing a memory leak that made the site slow down more after each genome viewed.
A new usability team is leading the charge with updates that make users lives better but don't require huge engineering efforts. Improvements that are live as of this release are below.
1. Create and save column views for data tables
You can now create different views on your data table by rearranging and selecting/deselecting columns and saving that selection as a named view that you can later go back to. This functionality works at the workspace level.
2. Lock workspaces
The ability to lock a workspace exists in the old FireCloud UI, as well as an endpoint. We’ve now added this functionality to the Terra UI. Locking a workspace is something a workspace owner can do in order to prevent collaborators from modifying anything in that workspace. This is useful if you are showcasing a workspace and do not want any content to be deleted or modified.
3. Tags now work as a drop down menu
Previously, you had to type in at least 3 letters to see any results for tags, we’ve updated it so that it now acts as a drop down menu, showing the most popular tags listed first.
4. Easily share workspace with support
Users now have the ability to easily share their workspace with Terra support in one click. Previously, users had to manually add the Terra support email address as a user to their workspace. When a user clicks ‘Share with support’, read access will be granted to the support team, for help with troubleshooting and resolving the users issue.
5. Clear a column in a data table
Users now have the ability to easily clear an entire row of data in a column in one click with the column-level functionality button (three vertical dots).
6. Editing attributes (columns) in a data table
If a user would like to edit the attributes in a column for multiple rows at once, they can leverage the new edit attribute functionality.
1. First select the row(s) to edit.
2. Select the 3 vertical dot menu at the top of the data table.
3. Select Edit Attribute from the dropdown.
4. To edit an attribute name (column header), select the attribute (ie column to edit), enter the new attribute value, and click Save Changes.
5. To add a new column, enter the new column attribute name, the value for that new attribute, and click Add attribute. This will then add a new column to the data table with the value populated.