Workspace Reference Data - "identifier part expected" Completed
Whenever i try to use the Reference Data workspace variables in Terra i get the following error : "identifier part expected". The reason for this error might be because there are dashes in the name of the variables. Removing the dashes in the names of these variables (in Firecloud) allows me to avoid the error but also moves the variables from the Reference Data section to the Workspace Data section in Terra.
This does seem like a bug - I have filed a bug report with the Terra team and will make sure to reply back here with any updates and/or once the issue has been fixed!
I've noticed this post is two months old now.
I really thing this bug needs to be fixed urgently as none of the featured workflows can be executed without at least some subset of the variables found in the Reference Data. Working around the bug requires knowing there is a bug in the first place and knowing you can change the corresponding .tsv through the Workspace data tab (which is not obvious, I couldn't have done it without Beri's help) or hardcoding all the attributes (which is time consuming). It looks like a small bug, but it's very consequential.
I have pushed your request and the team has let me know that they are going to be fixing this in the next few days! I will update this thread once the fix has been completed.
This bug fix was released today morning so the Workspace Reference Data should now work without error. Please let us know if this is not the case!
For this update to work, please delete any prior added Reference Data and re-add the pertinent reference genome related data. The names of the files have been modified to circumvent the error and previously added ones will not work.
If you previously had Reference Data added in the Workspace, it will now have been automatically moved to the Workspace Data section - not deleted. However, the best way to avoid confusion while using workspace. annotations in the Tool attributes is to manually delete any old reference files with the "-" character in the Workspace Data section.
This one time action should alleviate the related error.
I just ran into this in Terra with a new workspace and new workspace variables.
I created a workspace variable "test-billing-project" and when I used it, the Terra UI showed the "!" warning along with the error message "identifier part expected".
When I changed the workspace variable to test_billing_project, the error went away.
Hi Matt Bookman, thanks for flagging this up. I will follow-up in a ticket to take a closer look at what's going on here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.