The following release notes correspond to June 7, 2022 - June 13, 2022. This release also includes back-end updates to the Data Repository, workflows, interactive analysis, user interface, and Google integrations to improve upcoming features.
- Due to a change in GCP pricing policy coming in October 2022, Terra is changing the default regionality for new workspaces from "US multi-region" to "us-central1" as of June 13, 2022. See this blog for more details!
- We fixed a bug that was making it impossible to copy/paste a value in the drop-down text box when filtering multi-select data in the dataset view.
- We fixed a bug causing errors during validation of schema relationships on dataset creation.
- The Data Repo has been upgraded from Java 11 to Java 17. However, the TDR Java client should still be compatible with Java 11.
- We've added a new optional "properties" JSON field to datasets that allows you to store additional metadata about a dataset. This can be set when creating a dataset and/or updated using the dataset patch endpoint. Note that the patch endpoint will do a full replace of the value. When getting dataset details, the properties are not included unless PROPERTIES is a part of the includes list.
- The ingestDataset endpoint now supports merge as an update strategy. Partial records can be applied on top of existing records via a primary key match.
- We've modified authentication in the TDR user interface such that your sessions no longer expire after just one hour or if the user's computer goes to sleep. Additionally, when you log out of TDR, the session will be "eagerly" ended - logging out revokes refresh tokens.
- You can now ingest data from a Google Requester Pays bucket for GCP-backed datasets. Charges will be billed to the dataset's primary project.
- Dataset buckets are now created on dataset creation as opposed to the first ingest into the dataset. One thing users have to be careful about is when ingesting data using a billing account that differs from the dataset's default billing account.
Please sign in to leave a comment.