The following release notes correspond to March 30, 2021 - April 5, 2021. In addition to the items below, this release includes back-end updates to Workflows, User Interface, and Google Integrations to improve upcoming features.
Interactive analysis (Notebooks, RStudio, Galaxy)
We fixed a couple of bugs affecting Jupyter notebooks and one affecting RStudio:
- A bug preventing notebooks over 8 MB in size from loading in Terra.
- A bug causing errors when genes are loaded in IGV Viewer within a notebook. The IGV Jupyter extension can now load genes and render IGV in a notebook cell.
- A bug that was causing an "Error Occurred During Transmission" message when launching RStudio.
We've released Cromwell 60, which includes the following changes:
- Java 11 - As of this version, a distribution of Java 11 is required to run Cromwell. Cromwell is developed, tested, and containerized using AdoptOpenJDK 11 HotSpot.
- Hybrid metadata storage ("carboniting") has been removed.
- Carboniting functionality has been removed from Cromwell, affecting customers who explicitly enabled carbonite-metadata-service in their configuration to split metadata storage between a relational database and Google Cloud Storage. If you had previously enabled carboniting and deletion, any workflows marked as ArchivedAndPurged in your database will no longer be accessible via the Cromwell metadata API.
- There will be no effect for customers who store metadata permanently in the relational database (most common).
- There will also be no effect for customers who use the in-memory database. Breaking change only for customers who explicitly enabled carbonite-metadata-service in their configuration to split metadata storage between a relational database and Google Cloud Storage.ta API.