If you haven't logged into the Google Cloud Platform before, you are eligible for $300 in free credits that can be used for work you do in Terra. Follow the three steps below to claim these.
1. Sign up for $300 GCP free trial credits
Go to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) console at https://console.cloud.google.com/. If you haven't been to the console before, once you accept the Terms of Service you will be greeted with an invitation to "Try for Free."
Follow the instructions to sign up for a Billing Account and get your free credits. You'll have to give your birthday, address and a couple of other pieces of information.
Note about supplying payment information
You will need to give either a credit card or bank account for security. Don't worry! You won't be billed until you explicitly turn on automatic billing:
How to verify billing
When you go to the Manage Billing page in the console (https://console.cloud.google.com/billing), you will see your new Billing account:
2. Link Terra to your Billing Account on GCP console
- From GCP console -> Billing (https://console.cloud.google.com/billing) go to "Manage billing accounts" and check the box next to "My Billing Account"
- Under "Permissions" (right column), select "Add member"
- In the form that appears, add `terra-billing@ firecloud.org` under New member
- Select the role "Billing" -> "Billing Account User"
- Click the Save button
3. Create a billing project in Terra
Once you've accepted your Google credits and linked your billing to Terra, you will be able to create a project in Terra for covering analysis costs.
To create a project, go to your Billing page from the main navigation (three horizontal lines at the top left of any page) aand click on the blue "+" icon at the top left/