This article covers step-by-step instructions on registering for an account on Terra.
Before you register
These instructions assume you have created or already have a Google account. If you don't already have a Gmail or an institutional G-Suite email account, see Setting up a Google account with a non-Google email for instructions.
Don't know if your institutional account is a Google account? Try logging into an incognito Chrome window. If you're able to log in, your email is a Google account.
If you're having problems and you're not using ChromeTerra is designed and tested (and will run best) on the Chrome browser. If you are having problems and are using a different browser, try switching to Chrome and see if that resolves the issue.
Scroll down to the bottom for troubleshooting tips (if you see a blank screen when signing in, for example).
1. Navigate to the Terra home page and click on the main menu (three parallel lines at the top left).
2. In the SSO box, click “Sign in with Google” and a Google sign-in box should appear. You can sign in with any Google account (Gmail, institutional G-Suite email, or a Google ID associated with your non-Google email).
3. Enter your Gmail or G-Suite email and then click the blue Next button to enter your password.
If you don't have a Gmail or G-Suite account, you can create one by clicking the "Create account" link to the left of the blue button (circled in the screenshot above).
3. Fill in the first name, last name, and contact email fields and click Register. Note that the contact email is for notifications only and need not be your Terra User ID.
4. When you sign in, you will be asked to confirm some information and to accept the Terra terms of service. Once you do, you're registered!
5. When you are redirected to the Terra homepage, click on View Workspaces to view any data or workspaces that have been shared with you.
Troubleshooting and Google Chrome browser settings
You may see a blank screen after registering and signing in. Often, this is due to your browser settings. Try one of the suggestions below (in Chrome) if you run into this problem.
Step 1. Set your cookies correctly
You need to make sure "Block third party-cookies" is off and "Allow sites to save and read cookies" is on!
1.1. In Chrome, open the main menu by clicking on the three dots on the far right of your window's toolbar, then select Settings.
1.2. Select to Privacy and security from the left column and click Third-party cookies.
1.3. Select the Allow all cookies radio button.
Make sure the settings look like this screenshot.
Step 2. Allow pop-ups and directs
2.1. From Settings > Privacy and security, go to Site settings and then Pop-ups and redirects (scroll down to the bottom).
app.terra.bio to Allowed to send pop-ups and use redirects by clicking the Add button under Allowed to send pop-ups and use redirects.