This article covers step-by-step instructions on registering for an account on Terra.
Overview and prerequisites
Before you register
These instructions assume you have created or already have a Google account. If you don't already have a Gmail account or an institutional email account, see Setting up a Google account with a non-Google email for instructions.
Don't know if your institutional account is a gmail account? Try logging into an incognito Chrome window. If you're able to log in, your email is a Google account.
If you're having problems and you're not using ChromeTerra is designed and tested (and will run best on) on the Chrome browser. If you are having problems and are using a different browser, try switching to Chrome and see if that resolves the issue.
Scroll down to the bottom for troubleshooting tips (if you see a blank screen when signing in, for example).
1. Navigate to the Terra home page and click on the main menu top left.
2. Click “Sign in with Google” and a Google sign-in box should appear. You can sign in with any Google account (Gmail, institutional GSuite email, or a Google ID associated with your non-Google email).
3. Fill in the fields and click "Register" to create your Terra account.
4. When you sign in, you will be asked to confirm some information and to accept the Terra terms of service. Once you do, you're registered!
5. When you are redirected to the Terra homepage, click on “View Workspaces” to view any data or workspaces that have been shared with you.
Troubleshooting and Google Chrome browser settings
You may see a blank screen after registering and signing in. The two most common reasons for this are the browser settings. Try one of the suggestions below (in Chrome) if you run into this problem.
Step 1. Set your cookies correctly
Make sure "Block third party-cookies" is off and "Allow sites to save and read cookies" is on!
1.1. Type the URL chrome://settings/content/cookies into your chrome browser.
Fill in the name and email fields in the New User Registration form and click Register to create your Terra account. Note that the contact email is for notifications only and need not be your Terra User ID.
1.2. Go to Privacy and security (from the left column) and click to expand Cookie and other site data (in the middle).
1.3. Select the Allow all cookies radio button.
Make sure the settings look like this screenshot.
Step 2. Allow pop-ups and directs
2.1. Go to chrome://settings/content/popups.
app.terra.bio to the Allowed to send pop-ups and use redirects by clicking the Add button under Allowed to send pop-ups and use redirects.
Make sure the settings look like this screenshot