The following release notes correspond to the dates May 2, 2019 to May 9, 2019.
1. A new landing page for Terra!
A more intuitive landing page for users to quickly access major components of Terra.
2. Workspace Tabs are now available when editing a Tool.
Users now can access the full list of workspace tabs while working within a Tool whereas previously the tabs were hidden.
1. Updating Pipelines API v1 to Pipelines API v2 associated with Terra workflow management system. All the details can be found in this blogpost.
1. GATK 188.8.131.52 and Samtools are now available by default upon start of clusters. Users with running clusters will need to start new clusters for GATK and Samtools to be available in Notebooks.
2. Auto-pause is now implemented based on kernel activity. If a long running job is executing in Notebooks, auto-pause will activate based on kernel activity. If the kernel is busy, then the cluster will not auto pause. If/when kernel is inactive, the cluster will auto-pause.
Previously kernels would auto-pause after browser inactivity resulting in preemptive abort of running work. Preventing auto pause based on kernel activity allows long running jobs that generate output files to finish.
If browser is active, kernel will run and outputs are written to cell and visible in the Notebook UI and to the output location if one was listed in the commands.
If browser becomes inactive, kernel will continue to run, but outputs written to cell will not be visible in Notebook UI. The output will be written to the output location if one was listed in the commands.
If browser is/becomes inactive and the kernel is/becomes inactive, auto-pause will be triggered. Default auto-pause: 30 minutes.