This article describes how to add a new version of a workflow to your Terra workspace, whether your workflow is hosted on Dockstore or in the Broad Methods Repository.
Note for FireCloud users: You may be familiar with the "snapshots" created with each updated version. This article demonstrates how to host multiple snapshots in the same workspace.
Toggle between workflow versions in the Workflows tab
You can toggle between publicly shared versions of your workflow directly from the Workflows tab of your Terra workspace.
1. Select a workflow card.
2. Use the "version" or "snapshot" drop-down menu to select between available, public versions of the workflow.
If the workflow is imported from Dockstore, the menu will be called "version". If the workflow is imported from the Broad Methods Repository, it will be called "snapshot".
More information on workflow management
- To learn how to find and import a workflow from the Broad Methods Repository, see Finding the workflow (method) you need (and its JSON) in the Methods Repository.
- To learn how to find and import a workflow from Dockstore, see How to import a workflow and its parameter file from Dockstore into Terra.
- To learn how to update a workflow sourced from the Broad Methods Repository and save it as a new version or snapshot, see Create, edit, and share a new workflow.
- To learn how to create a new workflow in Dockstore, see How to set up a WDL on Github/Dockstore.