This article shows how to add a new version of a workflow to your Terra workspace in two instances - workflows hosted on Dockstore and those in the Broad Methods Repository.
Note for FireCloud users: you may be familiar with the "snapshots" created with each updated version. This article demonstrates how to host multiple "snapshots" in the same workspace.
Toggling between workflow versions (Dockstore-hosted)
You can toggle between publically shared versions of workflows hosted on Dockstore from within the Terra workflows tab. Click into the Workflow card. If it is imported from Dockstore, you should see a drop-down menu to change between available and published (public) versions in Dockstore:
Updating to a new workflow version (Broad Methods Repository)
- Click on "Find a Workflow" (top left card in the Workflows tab):
- Click on "Broad Methods Repository" (lower right corner of the popup window):
- Search for the relevant workflow in the search bar (top of page). When you find the one you want, select by clicking on the blue link with the name of the workflow (not on "Create New Method" on the right):
- Change the snapshot number to the desired version:
- Choose "Export to Workspace" (large blue button on the right):
- Select "Use a Blank Configuration" by clicking the button at bottom right:
- Select the workspace name in the popup window and click on "Export to Workspace":
- Go to the workspace by select "Yes" in the popup window shown below:
- Configure the method Inputs and Outputs within the Workflows tab:
You will see all versions of the workflow in the cards inside the Workflows tab: