Step-by-step instructions to register for an account and log into Terra with a Microsoft user ID (email).
Overview and prerequisites
These instructions assume you have created or already have an Azure subscription and Microsoft ID (login).
Don't know if you already have a MS account?
Try logging into Microsoft at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/. If you don't already have a MS account, see Setting up a Microsoft account with a non-Microsoft email for instructions.
Browser Support Policy Terra has been tested using the Chrome internet browser. All of our instructions and documentation assume users are using Terra in Chrome. Using a different browser may change how Terra looks, and may affect how some parts work. If you are having problems and are using a different browser, try switching to Chrome and see if that resolves the issue.
Scroll down to the bottom for troubleshooting tips (if you see a blank screen when signing in, for example).
1. Navigate to the Terra home page and click on the blue login button (center of page).
2. Click “Sign in with Microsoft” sign in with any MS account (institutional MS email, or a MS ID associated with your non-Microsoft email).
3. Fill in the name and email fields in the New User Registration form and click "Register" to create your Terra account. Note that the contact email is for notifications only and need not be your Terra User ID.
4. When you sign in, you’ll be asked to confirm some information and to accept the Terra Terms of Service.
Once you do, you're registered!
5. On the Terra homepage, click on “View Workspaces” card to view any data or workspaces that have been shared with you.
Troubleshooting and Chrome browser settings
You may see a blank screen after registering and signing in. The two most common reasons for this are the browser settings. Try one of the suggestions below (in Chrome) if you run into this problem.
1. Set your cookies correctly
Make sure "Block third party-cookies" is off and "Allow sites to save and read cookies" is on!
1.1. Type the URL chrome://settings/content/cookies into your chrome browser.
1.2. Go to Privacy and security (from the left column) and click to expand Cookie and other site data (in the middle).
1.3. Select the Allow all cookies radio button.
Make sure the settings look like this screenshot.
2. Allow pop-ups and directs
2.1. Go to chrome://settings/content/popups in Chrome.
2.2. Add app.terra.bio to the Allowed to send pop-ups and use redirects by clicking the Add button under Allowed to send pop-ups and use redirects.
Make sure the settings look like this screenshot
Next steps: Set up billing and explore a tutorial workspace
Ready to get started using Terra on Azure? Follow the two steps below.
1. Set up billing
Finance admins/users with access to an existing Azure subscription will need to set up cloud billing following step-by-step instructions here.
Once your Azure subscription is linked to a Terra Billing project, there are two ways to start working in Terra.
Option 1: Create/clone a workspace (must be a user on the Terra Billing Project)
Option 2: Have a workspace owner add you as a collaborator on an existing workspace.
2. Explore a tutorial workspace
Featured workspaces let you try out the platform, with pre-configured sample data and analysis tools, and documentation to guide you.
See the Bulk and single cell RNA Seq Analysis with Bioconductor workspace.
Please sign in to leave a comment.